My Progress

Friday, February 26, 2010

My favorite soup


I've been making this soup since last fall...nothing better on a cold day than a bowl of hearty, healthy soup!

Here's what goes into my 'kitchen sink' soup:

3 cups Vegetable "Stock-in-a-box"
1 cup V8 Juice
1 can Great Northern Beans or Navy Beans
1 can Petite cut diced tomatoes
2 cups chopped zucchini
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup mixed frozen vegetables (corn, carrots, green beans)
1 cup green beans (frozen)
2 cups baby spinach
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Combine in a stock pot, cover, and cook until the veggies are tender. I usually let it simmer for at least 2 hours.

It will yield about 6 2-cup servings. I portion them out into 2 cup containers and freeze them.

This works out to be a 2 point meal for 2 cups. Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors