My Progress

Sunday, September 6, 2009

New recipe

I tried a new recipe this week. Brownie mix with a can of black beans! Sounds like a strange combination, doesn't it? The recipe calls for 1 box mix and 1 can of black beans. I drained and rinsed the beans and put them back into the can and filled with water. I pulverized them in my food processor and added them to the brownie mix. That's all...2 ingredients. I baked them in a 13x9" pan for the time indicated on the box.



I cut them into small pieces and served them at a family picnic last week. I wanted to see if anyone could tell what was in them and wanted more opinions other than mine and Mr. Wizard's.


The kids loved them...they ate them so fast they didn't realize they weren't your average 'brownie'!! The consistency is strange...almost 'rubbery'. Most adults admitted they were good and would eat them. Mr. Wizard did not like them at all nor did my sisters' husbands. The women in the group agreed that they would eat them this way...though there is an odd consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors