My Progress

Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July weekend...

I had a great time this 4th of July weekend. We spent it on Cape Cod...and fortunately, the weather was perfect!

My husband cleaned the cobwebs off my bicycle ...it's been a few years since it has seen the light of day.

I bought this bike a few years ago primarily because it had 'regular' handle bars and a BIG-ASS SEAT...I tried to find one with a tractor seat, but they don't seem to make one!

My family joined in on the biking adventure, though the 'youngins' arrived at the end long before me! L to R: daughter, Sara, husband Frank, Corey (Sam's BF), daughter Sam, and ME!

The Cape Cod Canal is 6.8 miles one way, and we rode the route on Saturday and Sunday for a total of 28 miles. It's mostly flat, but there are a few 'inclines'. At the end of the second day, my husband realized that my bike was only using 4 of the 6 gears, so I had worked 'harder' than I should have. I was thrilled...I must have burned off more calories. But alas, I made up for it with the 'treats' I ate on the beach Saturday night while we watched the fireworks.


We saw this beautiful tall ship anchored in the canal, on it's way, no doubt, into Boston Harbor for the Tall Ship exhibit.

But, now it's Monday, back home and back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors