My Progress

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tall Ships in Boston Harbor

We had a great day today. My husband and I drove to Boston to see the Tall Ships. "Sail Boston" started a few days ago, and the ships are scheduled to leave tomorrow, so we took advantage of the beautiful day. Our daughter, Sara, who lives in Boston, joined us.

The ships were magnificent. We could have boarded a few of them, but the lines were over 1 hour long, and we chose not to go inside but walked around Boston Harbor for a few hours looking at the ships.

We had lunch at a neat, casual place called "Barking Crab". It was very good (though my husband's baked fish was a little dry and probably overcooked.) Nothing on the menu was very Weight Watcher friendly, so I chose an appetizer...a 1 lb serving of cooked shrimp with cocktail sauce. No, I did NOT eat the entire 1 lb...I probably ate half of it, along with the steamed broccoli my husband gave me from his dinner. Sara had a crabmeat burger...she enjoyed it. (I got a 'doggie bag' for the shrimp I didn't eat...I'll have the rest tomorrow!)

Walking around on a gorgeous day and being near the ocean is good for the soul...and I got some great exercise at the same time. It was a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors