My Progress

Friday, March 27, 2009

Vegetables

Okay, I'm not sure french fries qualify as a vegetable, though a potato IS a vegetable. I do enjoy french fries from time to time, so I decided to try something new. I washed two medium potatoes, and cut them into 'french fry' strips. I put them in a bowl and added 1 tsp of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and tossed the potatoes until they were coated. I layed some non-stick foil onto a cookie sheet and spread the potatoes in a single layer. After sprinkling them with seasoning salt, I baked them for about 50-60 minutes in a 350 degree oven. I did turn them over half-way through the cooking cycle. They were actually very good and each serving turned out to be 3 points. (Of course, I did add a little ketchup to them before eating them. Even my husband enjoyed them!)

1 comment:

  1. I make these too but I add some garlic seasoning and grated parmesan cheese as well as the olive oil and taters into a ziplock baggie, shake good and then put on pan and bake. They are YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors